Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Email Enquiry Form

    Rooms From £42.50

  • Special Offers

    View Our current Special Offers

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Sun Inn

Address: Pooley Bridge, Penrith, CA10 2NN

Telephone: 017684 86205 017684 86205

Hotel Description

The Sun Inn is situated just up from the main square of the village and makes an ideal base from which to explore Ullswater, the North Eastern Lakes and the Eden Valley. The Sun has nine en-suite bedrooms which comprise of five doubles, one twin, two singles and a family room which can accommodate five. The Sun Inn is renowned for its Real Ales and has been awarded by Cask Marque and features in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Several are available from the local Jennings Brewery, regular ales are Cumberland Ale, Snecklifter, Cock-a-Hoop and two rotating ales from Marstons Brewery. For non Real Ale drinkers there is also Stella, Carling and Fosters plus Strongbow and Guinness on draught.

Our Facilities

  • Pet Friendly
  • Restaurant
  • Bar
  • Family Rooms
  • Vegetarian Food Available

Email Enquiry Form - Sun Inn

Special Offers - Sun Inn

Hotel Reviews - Sun Inn

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Sun Inn

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 4.79 miles (7.67 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.