Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £74.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Abbey House B and B

Address: 7 Victoria Road, Penrith, CA11 8HR

Hotel Description

In the pretty Cumbrian market town of Penrith, Abbey House B & B provides attractive accommodation within half a mile of the train station, town centre and Penrith Castle. En suite rooms have free Wi-Fi and free parking. Each room has a TV, hairdryer, alarm clock and tea and coffee facilities with hot chocolate and biscuits. En suite bathroom facilities have a shower or bath. You can enjoy a full Cumberland breakfast from 08:00 – 09:00, with bacon, eggs, sausage, tomato, mushrooms and baked beans, and a vegetarian version is also available. There is tea, coffee and juice, along with cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit. An earlier breakfast is available by arrangement. Five miles from Ullswater, Penrith lies just outside the Lake District, with Keswick just a 25-minute drive away. You can reach both Lake Windermere and Coniston Water in around 1 hour, and Kendal in less than 40 minutes.

Our Facilities

  • Laundry Service

Rooms & Online Bookings - Abbey House B and B

Hotel Reviews - Abbey House B and B

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Abbey House B and B

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 1.27 miles (2.04 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.