Banff lies on the west bank, and Macduff on the east bank of the mouth of the River Deveron, around 25 miles west of Fraserburgh and 45 miles north of Aberdeen. The towns have an aquarium, two golf courses( Duff House Royal and Royal Tarlair), beaches, and was home to the Colleonard Sculpture Park which is now relocated in Aviemore. The well-preserved townscape has many historic buildings including Banff Castle, a museum in Banff donated by Andrew Carnegie and a maritime heritage centre in Macduff. Also close by is Duff House, designed by William Adam in 1730, and now open to the public as a gallery and a part of the National Gallery of Scotland. Also open to the public are the Wrack Woods situated due south of Duff House, in the woods there is an old ice house, a Mausoleum and a wonderful walk to one of the most beautiful secluded spots in the area known as the Bridge of Alvah where a single arch bridge spans the river Deveron. Of course the river Deveron is known for its great fishing for salmon and trout.