The St Valery
From Haymarket Station (2 minutes):
- Come out of the station and turn left.
- Walk past the Caledonian Ale House and Coates Gardens is the next street on your right.
From Waverley Station:
- Take bus number 2, 12, 26, 31 or 69 from outside the Tourist Information Centre.
- Get off at the stop immediately after Haymarket Station (which will be on the left).
- Coates Gardens is the street on the other side of the road.
On Foot (25 minutes):
- Walk along Princes Street, Shandwick Place, West Maitland Street and Haymarket Terrace.
- Coates Gardens is the second road on the right once you reach Haymarket Terrace.
The Edinburgh Shuttle operates daily every 15 minutes. You will need to make your reservations in advance (please contact the hotel using the number on your booking confirmation).
- Take either the Guide Friday or Express 100. Both leave from outside the terminal at approximately 15-minute alternating intervals.
- Ask the driver for the stop opposite the train station.
- Look out for the 'stately home' on the left-hand side and push the bell once to stop the bus.
- Walk back in the direction from which the bus came and Coates Gardens is the first street on the right.
From the Airport:
- Follow the signs to the city centre.
- You will drive through Corstorphine (shops on both sides of the road), pass Murrayfield Stadium on your right and then 2 car showrooms approximately 200 yards apart.
- Continue on under the old railway bridge.
- Look out for the 'stately home' on your left.
- Coates Gardens is the second street on the left after this.
N.B. if you pass Haymarket Station (on the right) you have gone too far.
From the A1:
- Follow the A1 north towards Newcastle.
- Join the A696.
- Continue through Otterburn.
- The road becomes the A68.
- Go through Jedburgh and Dalkeith and into Edinburgh city centre (at certain points the A68 and A7 are the same road).
- At the Balmoral Hotel turn left into Princes Street.
- Continue into Shandwick Place.
- Follow the signs to Glasgow around the one way system (veering left, then right and right again).
- Pass Haymarket Station, which will be on your left, and Coates Gardens is the second street on your right.
From the A90:
- Cross the Forth Road Bridge and follow signs for Edinburgh City Centre. (You are travelling on Queensferry Road).
- Look out for the Holiday Inn on your right and Sainsbury Superstore on your left. At these landmarks travel onto the first roundabout and turn right (signposted Scottish Gallery of Modern Art) onto Queensferry Terrace.
- Drive straight on at the traffic lights and continue past the Gallery on your right.
- Go down the hill following the road (Belford Road) to the left (pass the Hilton Hotel on your right) and then sharp right and up the hill.
- At the next traffic lights turn right into Glencairn/Eglinton Crescents.
- Take the left fork (Glencairn) and Coates Gardens is the first road on your left.